August changeover is fast approaching. We wanted to give you some useful information on how August Changeover works as a Locum Doctor and what you can expect from us as a Locum Agency.
Choose Your Specialty
We cover a range of specialties including: General Medicine, Acute Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Psychiatry, Paediatrics, Surgery and surgical sub-specialties plus many more! We can offer you short and long-term placements or ad hoc shifts across Northern Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales.
Whilst we all look after different specialties and areas our aim is to make sure you get the best possible Locum for August changeover so we all work closely as a team to make sure this happens.
To see all the specialties we cover and contact details for your relevant recruitment consultant recruiting visit our Meet The Team section on our website.
The Next Steps
When locum posts are advertised and you express your interest in a role, we need to send your file to the hospitals who will then make a decision on your suitability for a post.
This file must contain the following documents:
- A copy of your current CV including references from your previous posts
- Police Check Clearance – We will cover the costs for this
- Training Certificates of courses you have completed over the past few years
- Occupational Health Serology reports – We will cover the costs for obtaining these
If your CV is picked for the post, we will contact you to make sure you are happy. If you wish to proceed we will send you a contract with all the information you need to start working on this post with us.
Why Work With Direct Medics?
Our Medical Recruitment Team has more than 60 years’ combined experience. The relationships we have built during this time means that we are best placed to find you exactly the post you are looking for from August.
We offer a complete end-to-end candidate support package worth up to £2000 annually to our doctors. The following services are offered with no strings attached and free of charge:
- Free annual appraisal
- Free Multi-source feedback
- Free revalidation recommendations
- Free governance support in the event of Fitness To Practice concerns
- Priority locum bookings
- A Medical recruitment team with extensive combined local market experience
- Free Enhanced Criminal Records check
- Free Serology reporting
- Free Occupational Health assessment
- Free training (including practical training)
- Unlimited colleague referral bonus scheme – Up to £1000 bonus per referral* T&Cs Apply
If you are interested in finding out more or would like to register your interest for August Changeover roles, email our Recruitment team at email@example.com