Working as a doctor in the United Kingdom requires you to hold General Medical Council registration with a License to Practise, and any booking with us is pending registration checks.

When you register with us, we will need a copy of your original General Medical Council certificate of registration (if you have lost your original registration certificate, you can print a certificate of proof of entry on the register from your GMC Online account);

Indemnity Insurance

The General Medical Council has the power to check whether you have appropriate insurance or indemnity in place and can refuse to grant a licence to you if not satisfied.

The type and level of insurance or indemnity required depends on where you work, whether you are employed or self-employed and the type of work that you do. Further information about the GMC rules on indemnity insurance can be found here.